The Community Energy Planning Committee was established by City Council on September 10, 2007, following the completion of the Community Energy Plan (CEP). The Committee consist of ten (10) members representing the community, as follows:
- The Mayor of the City of Yellowknife (ex-officio);
- One (1) Member of City Council;
- One (1) representative recommended by Ecology North;
- One (1) representative recommended by the Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce;
- One (1) representative recommended by GNWT Department of Industry Tourism and Investment;
- One (1) representative recommended GNWT Department of Environmental and Natural Resources;
- One (1) representative from the NWT Power Corporation;
- One (1) representative from Arctic Energy Alliance's Community Energy Planning Section;
- One (1) representative of Northland Utilities;
- One (1) representative from one of the Federal Funding Agencies: and
- Two (2) representatives from the public at large.
The City of Yellowknife's Energy Coordinator and the the Manager of Corporate Services and Risk Management assist the Committee by providing information or clarification.
The purpose of establishing the Community Energy Planning Committee (the Committee) is to assist the City of Yellowknife in an advisory capacity to ensure the CEP is implemented and evolves in an effective manner.
The scope of the Community Energy Planning Committee is to report and make recommendations to City Council through the appropriate standing Committee of Council on the progress and direction of the CEP implementation.
Learn more about Yellowknife Community Energy Plan.